Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PBF clock sync tag propagation

From: Laur Joost
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PBF clock sync tag propagation
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 16:13:38 +0300

So, results:

1. Still off, but not by that much anymore.
2. The expected location of the time_est tag is no longer in the middle, but between symbols (had to change the offset by 0.5*sps) (?)

Pretty pictures:

I can offset that remaining error by shifting the PFB filter peak around, but I doubt that this is "by design", the resulting filter is rather offset:

For my current purposes, this is enough. Questions are welcome, but I probably won't be able to do much more testing before the end of the week, if then.

PS: If it matters (something else changed that I missed), I patched my current corr_est and pfb_clock_sync blocks with [1] and [2] instead of installing the branch.

Many thanks,
Laur

[1] https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/commit/cc844fc43aa068f28122861e854b46fdb612cf0a.patch
[2] https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/commit/8b5169b933cb4d9443ed3a8e242a22bb981c1267.patch

PS: Added list to recipients. Also, I can see what was changed from the commit, duh me.

Tom,

Since I already have backup of the virtual machine in place (updated GnuRadio in hopes that this was already in 3.7.9.2), I'll see if I can get this to quickly compile.

Should be a matter of

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=prefix -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" ../
make install

 for gr-digital only, or are there other modules that need to be changed? Or am I mistaken completely?

Will let you know whether it works for me.

Thanks,
Laur