Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK] VOLK website license

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK] VOLK website license
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 17:20:30 +0200

Hi Raj,

Ben is absolutely right. Feel free to use the logo in your presentations.

Rationale: I made that logo so that people could associate something visible with VOLK. Now, having a logo that no-one uses is pretty much stupid, hence, you should feel more than welcome to use it, especially when talking about GR, VOLK, FOSS DSP & SDR, SIMD etc.

The only thing that I don't want to happen with that logo is that someone takes it, slaps it onto his product/website/… and (inherently) claims he "owns" VOLK. So, mandatory attribution is totally sufficient to solve that issue.

Hence, I put that logo under CC-by-SA; http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ , so: use it as much as you want, as long as you refer to libvolk.org as source.

Cheers,
Marcus