Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help - Tutorial: PSK Symbol Recovery

From: Jose Perez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help - Tutorial: PSK Symbol Recovery
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 11:06:44 -0700 (MST)

Hi Marcus,

Ahhh ok.... It makes sense!
Thank so much!

Best regards,
José

Hi Jose,

so, the flow graphs in the tutorial do timing and frequency
synchronization, but what they don't do is any kind of framing: you just
won't know if the first bit you decoded is a the first bit of a byte, or
from somewhere in the middle; that's what you're seeing here, probably!

Best regards,

Marcus

On 28.05.2016 19:42, Jose Perez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am studying the tutorial 7: PSK Symbol Recovery. For it, I am using the
> mpsk_stage6.grc example flowgraph.
> But I am trying to simulate a transmition of a txt file. I can see the
> decoded signal on the scope perfectly but I would like to save this received
> file.
> According the tutorial, after diferential decoder it have a Map block that
> maps the original symbols from 0-3, so unpack those 2 bits per symbol into
> bits using the unpack bits block... and then  we have the original bit
> stream of data.
> To save the received txt file, I am using the repack bits block after the
> unpack bits block, i.e., after the Unpack 2 bits I use the Pack 8 bits and
> File Sink block... but the outputed file shows wrong  character.
>
> I don't know why it is wrong.... it should works fine
> Someone could help me with it? It looks be a simple thing to do but I can
> not see what to do.
>
> Thanks
>

> --

http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/Help-Tutorial-PSK-Symbol-Recovery-tp60228p60229.html
To unsubscribe from Help - Tutorial: PSK Symbol Recovery, click here.
NAML

--
.: José Perez Jr