[Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio autmatic gain adjustment

From: olvhammar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio autmatic gain adjustment
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 23:07:48 +0200

Hi,

In my GNURadio program I need to determine the correct gain in order to fully utilize the dynamic range of the A/D converter of the Ettus USRP x310. I currently have implemented a automatic function for this using the probe samples block and make sure that values stays just within -1 > +1. I.e I check the distribution and make sure a certain percentage of the values doesnt go above a threshold value. However the values seems to have a dependence on sample rates, how should I think here? Anyone else that have implemented this using the probe block, what was your method?

Best regards
Simon