[Discuss-gnuradio] Using the BCH and LDPC encoder from DVB-S2

From: Jose Ruvalcaba
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using the BCH and LDPC encoder from DVB-S2
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 15:26:23 -0700

Hello all,

 I was wondering if in order to use the DVB-S2  BCH and LDPC encoder I would have to use the header, scrambler, DVB-S2X modulator and physical layer frame blocks in my Tx side. In other words, can I use the FEC encoders from  DVB-S2 stand alone? Also, is the data coming out from the DVB-S2 LDPC encoder symmetric, that is it has the information bits first then the parity bits? I'm currently trying to decode the data coming from the BCH/LDPC encoded data without any of the other blocks and have not been seeing the results I expect.

Thanks,
Jose