[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio hdmi

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio hdmi
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 20:37:26 -0700

I picked up a Odroid XU4 running Ubuntu 15.10 with a HDMI interface and
installed gnuradio from source.

I logged in using SSH and X11.

Then I ran a python script generated on the netbook from same gnuradio
source.

When I transmit a music WAV file using the Odroid and HackRF One, I
can't hear anything on my hand held radio.

If I do the exact same thing on my netbook with HackRF One, the music is
loud and clear.

Someone on Odroid forum indicated they could hear faint audio using
gnuradio on the Odroid.

Assuming that's true, can I just multiply the output of WAV file source
with a float constant? Then do a binary search on the magnitude until I
it sounds like the audio is being clipped?

Is there a better way?

Do I need a USB audio adapter? I would think not since I don't want to
plug in headphones.

Any help would be appreciated.