Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Retune Request Time

From: Richard Bell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Retune Request Time
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 16:47:35 -0700

I can call the C++ functions from Python? Why is there a separate python API, I'm confused.

Lets say I set an initial center frequency of 900 MHz to start the script off. You're saying that if the next frequency I want to hop to is within the ADC sampling rate, which in my case for the N210 is 100 MHz, I should manually tell the USRP to set the DSP_FREQ and leave the RF_FREQ alone for the fastest hop, and that the USRP automatic settings are not smart enough to figure this out?

If the above is true, it seems I should do something like this:
1) Ask the USRP what the current RF_FREQ is
2) Find the difference between RF_FREQ and the new center freq
3) If the difference is greater then 100 MHz, change the RF Freq, otherwise change the DSP freq

Is this correct?