[Discuss-gnuradio] Question about tagged_stream_block

From: bob wole
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about tagged_stream_block
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 19:17:33 +0500

Hi,
My  flowgraph contains a tagged_stream_block, B, and it has a length_tag_key, say "pkt_len". Each packet has a length of 1000 samples. The upstream block (A-->B) tags first sample with key "pkt_len" and value 1000 and then the upstream block tags sample number 901 with key "pkt_len" and value 1000 instead of tagging sample number 1001. This could happen in case of overflow and I know using receive tags that 100 samples has been lost. So, samples from 901 to 1900 contains a new packet. Will the flowgraph work or will it crash?

I want to write a block that processes exactly only 1000 samples, one packet, in a call to work. And the packets start from a specific time for example when the rx_time of the sample is mid of any second.

--
Bob