[Discuss-gnuradio] SWIG Errors

From: Dave NotTelling
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SWIG Errors
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 19:15:01 -0400

I have been making lots of OOT modules for various purposes and have run into the same issue several times.  I'll build a C++ module, compile it with 'cmake ..' 'make' 'make install' and 'ldconfig'.  After all that I import the module to Python (ipython shell) and find that the module (top level module) is completely empty.  During the CMake process there were no indications that there was an issue, and the C++ code compiled without issue.  Somewhere in the SWIG process something crapped out.  It's always something that's not quite 100% right in my C++ code, but it's seriously painful to debug as I have to resort to commenting code out and trying again over and over.  Is there a way to have SWIG tell you that something is messed up instead of pretending all is well?

Thanks!