Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic custom bloc parameter

From: redsalsifi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic custom bloc parameter
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 15:57:04 +0200

On 2016-07-05 14:42, Marcus Müller wrote:
Hi,
 I'd generally recommend that you add a message handler to your block,
which can be connected via message passing to other blocks. That way,
you'll have something that is thread-safe (which is necessary, because
Great ! thanks a lot Marcus :)

I saw that some blocs could do it without messages (like UHD blocs), but the code implementation is quite disturbing.

your xmlrpc server will run in another thread than your block's 'work'
method).

 Then, use the "Variable to Message" block from [1] to allow for a
simple way of sending that message by modifying a Python variable with
the xmlrpc server.

 Best regards,
 Marcus

 [1] https://github.com/marcusmueller/gr-msgtools [2]