[Discuss-gnuradio] Constant size OFDM frame synchronizaton

From: Oscar Sánchez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Constant size OFDM frame synchronizaton
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 09:53:52 +0200

Dear all,

I'm building an OFDM tx/rx with constant OFDM frame size. So far, no header is required. Thus, each OFDM frame is composed of 2 OFDM symbols for synchronization and N (constant) OFDM symbols for data.

I want to use Schmidl & Cox synch.

I require to generate, after Schmidl & Cox detect pulse, a stream of (2+N)*M tagged complex numbers (M = OFDM symbol size) to perform channel estimation and frame equalization.

As in the example rx_ofdm, I was trying to use "Header/Payload Demux". My idea was to use a block that generates a message for the Header/Payload Demux message port when a detect pulse from Schmidl & Cox is received. However, I didn't find any message generator module that can be triggered with a signal.

Another solution I though of was to use a module that puts a tag in a stream when a trigger signal is received.

Is my approach correct? Is there any gnuradio block I can use to solve my problem?

Best regards,

Oscar