[Discuss-gnuradio] Resampler with changing rate during runtime

From: Sebastian Müller
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Resampler with changing rate during runtime
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 17:29:07 +0200

Hi list,

I have stumbled upon a problem and I'm not sure what's the best way to deal with it.

My target is to have a FM demodulator for my gr-inspector toolbox. For this, I generally would use a WBFM receive -> Audio sink chain. Now, the quadrature rate and audio decimation are unknown before runtime, but calculated by my other blocks while running. For this purpose, I would like to implement a block, that resamples any given signal to a fixed output sample rate (in this example a bit more than the audio rate). I have messages available that contain the sample rate of my input signal as well as the input signal itself.

My first thought was to use an existing resample block, but I'm not sure how to include it into my own block. Inheriting from the public header yields a compiling error since the methods are not implemented (they are in the ***_impl.h class, which is not public). Is there another way to "remote control" other blocks within my block? Or generally a better solution for my problem?

Thanks for all answers
Cheers
Sebastian