Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uint64_t to PMT in Python

From: Lakshay Narula
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uint64_t to PMT in Python
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 20:18:18 -0500

Hi Marcus,

Yes, from_long() did actually work fine with the hardware.

However, I think I am facing a more general problem with Python binding of GNU Radio. For example, the uhd.usrp_sink.get_full_secs() function returns a variable of data type time_t. Once again, this is not recognized in Python. I am wondering if this is a limitation of using Python for writing blocks, or is there a way around such data type mismatch issues? (For this particular case, I was able to use uhd.usrp_sink.get_real_secs() and discard the fractional part).

I am guessing there might be something I could change in the SWIG file, but I have not found an answer yet.

Thanks,
Lakshay.