[Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamically Changing the File Name for the File Sink

From: Hasini Abeywickrama
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamically Changing the File Name for the File Sink
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 16:10:48 +1000

Hi all,

I have a flowgraph that users a USRP to receive signal and writes it to a file using a file sink.

I want to start writing to the file and a specific time precisely. I modified the code to start running the flowgraph at a specific time but booting up the USRP and setting up the flowgraph takes time so writing to the file starts considerably late.

Would it be possible to change the file that data is being written dynamically while the flowgraph is running? That way I would be able to start writing to one file and then switch to another file at a specific time. Or is there any other way of doing it?

Please excuse if the question is too long or not clear enough.

Any thought would be helpful.

Regards,
Hasini