Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNU Radio in CentOS 6.8

From: Anon Lister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNU Radio in CentOS 6.8
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 18:57:47 -0400

This is awesome! I'll try getting it installed at some point next week and will be happy to give any feedback. Thanks!

On Oct 14, 2016 3:41 PM, "Ben Hilburn" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey all -

I've seen some traffic both on and off-list discussion getting GNU Radio running in CentOS. The most recent one was CentOS 7.0, I believe, but there's also been some discussion of CentOS 6.8.

I backported the current `maint`, based on v3.7.10.1, to CentOS 6.8 and pushed the branch to my Github, which you can find here: https://github.com/bhilburn/gnuradio/tree/centos6.8-backport

In addition to the backported changes, you'll also need to install boost-1.48 from the EPEL repositories.

If you're interested in a complete walk-through of the commands, I threw them up in a blog post: http://bhilburn.org/installing-gnu-radio-on-centos-6-8/

Hopefully this is useful to someone. I haven't spent a ton of time testing it, but at a quick glance things seem to be in order. If you use this and find any issues, please let me know.

Cheers,
Ben