[Discuss-gnuradio] FSK demodulation questions

From: Ellis, Duane
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FSK demodulation questions
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 18:57:33 +0000

Hi,

I've been working towards an FSK demodulator scheme using GNU radio (more
specifically, the signals are GFSK)
I've read through this example:
https://nccgroup.github.io/RFTM/fsk_receiver.html

Specifically it talks about the "add_const" block, the value of which was
determined by trial and error for the specific data set in use.

This "constant" is actually the frequency error value

Here, in this slide deck (slide 2)
        http://www.qsl.net/kb9mwr/projects/dv/apco25/GnuradioFourLevelFSK.pdf

They show a frequency correction feed back loop from the FSK4 demodulator to
the front end, but uses a custom module.

I'm looking for a simpler way to do this using "stock components" that are
already in Gnu Radio.

I can of course - make this work for one specific transmitter, and one specific
receiver. This solution does not work well when I have 50 different
transmitters, I need a solution that can adjust dynamically.

Any suggestions for stock components? Or another example?

Thanks.