Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions regarding hierarchical polyphase channe

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions regarding hierarchical polyphase channelizer
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 14:14:00 -0700

The algorithm should be identical in the hierarchical case.  The only
difference is that because the hierarchical implementation splits the
logic over several signal processing blocks, GNURadio is able to
easily parallelize the implementation.  The n_filterbanks parameter is
just the number of filterbank blocks that are used for the filtering.
More filterbank blocks means more parallelizable, but also more
overhead.  I'd have to spend some time reacquainting myself with the
code to answer your last question properly, but it should be possible
to do everything with the hierarchical implementation that you can
with the single-block implementation.