Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions regarding hierarchical polyphase channe

From: Piotr Krysik
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions regarding hierarchical polyphase channelizer
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 13:13:23 +0100

Thanks Ben for the answer.

Regarding the last question, I want to clarify a bit what I meant.
Regular polyphase channelizer have oversample_rate option that lets you
set oversampling so you can get output sample rates:
 input_samp_rate/number_of_channels * oversample_rate

where oversample_rate = number_of_channels/i
and where i is an integer number from 1 to number_of_channels.

This is very usable in instances (like GSM or Tetra) when channel
spacing (200e3 Hz for GSM) is different than symbol rate (13e6/48 Hz for
GSM).
If you have sample rate at the input of the channelizer that is common
multiply of channel spacing and symbol rate, with this option you are
able to get signal at the output of the channelizer at exactly symbol
rate (or even its integer multiply in some cases).

For example for 13e6 GSM band I can extract all channels by setting
Channels parameter of the channelizer to 65 (13e6/0.2e6).
Then I can get output signal that is sampled with 4*gsm_symbol_rate by
setting oversampling to 65/12.

It would be great to have something like this in your block because it
is more efficient than the regular one. I can look into this if I will
find some time.

Best Regards,
Piotr Krysik