[Discuss-gnuradio] QT_GUI_frequency_ sink is not setting a frequency var

From: Manfred Weiss
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT_GUI_frequency_ sink is not setting a frequency variable on click
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 18:53:29 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I have the following problem with the QT GUI frequency sink and QT GUI
waterfall sink (test was done with version 3.7.10):

I want to set a variable (freq) when I click into a QT waterfall sink or a QT
frequency sink. The value of this variable (freq) should then be used to set
the frequency of a signal source or a uhd_source AND at the same time it should
update the value of a QT_GUI_RANGE counter display. With the old WX GUI
elements this works perfect, see attached example wx_fft_click.grc. There you
click into the waterfall or the fft spectrum display and the frequency is
changed as well as the slider position or the displayed frequency.

But when I try the same with the example qt_fft_click.grc it is working only
partly. First you have to make a double click that it changes the frequency but
now the problem is that the GUI Range slider is not changed and also the
frequency in the slider value box is not updated.
And this is a big problem if you want to control the receiving frequency of a
SSB ham radio receiver / transmitter by clicking into the waterfall display. If
you do this a few times you do not know at which frequency you actually have
tuned the transceiver because it is not updating the frequency variable. And
additionally if you need a fine tuning of the receiving frequency because the
click was not accurate enough you need also the value of the frequency variable
that is currently not updated in the QT GUI elements.

Best wishes
Manfred