Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reg: gr-ieee 802.11 and wireshark settings for co

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reg: gr-ieee 802.11 and wireshark settings for commercial NIC
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 04:58:14 +0100

Hi,

On 5 Dec 2016, at 23:08, sumit kumar <address@hidden> wrote:
I  mean the wireshark dint detect transmission from gr-ieee 802.11 transmitter also apart from my custom build transmitter(openairinterface).

So AFAIS, this are two problems.

- Your custom transmitter is received by gr-ieee802-11, but not by you WiFi card. I guess that’s a configuration issue (see my previous reply).

- gr-ieee802-11 is not received by gr-ieee802-11.
Please make sure to
- reset the flow graphs to their initial state (no parameters changed). Clone the repository again, for example.
- try to change the gain
- double-check which TX port is used and if an antenna is connected to that port.

Best,
Bastian

    I think you should make sure to
    - tune to the correct frequency/channel

Currently I have put this filter in wireshark wlan_radio.frequency ==
2432 and using gr-ieee 802.11 tx tuned to the same.

You will have to configure the card using something like

iw phy <phyname> set channel <channel>

The filter doesn't tune the card to the correct frequency.
This is also not helping though ! :-/

    - make sure that the network manager doesn't interfere

How to do this ?

sudo service network-manager stop

or edit /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
I did this, but it stopped my wifi signals. I mean the wifi icon was gone.

Best,
Bastian

Regards

--