[Discuss-gnuradio] Dropped data when changing frequency dynamically usin

From: Tom Golden
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dropped data when changing frequency dynamically using an Ettus B200
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 08:14:17 -0700

Hi All,

I am connecting my flowgraph to a doppler prediction tool.  My block currently modifies a variable that is used to specify the center frequency of the USRP Source block.  The variable is updated every second.

When the variable updates, I see blank data (looks like all zeros) for a short blip when this occurs.  My QT FFT and Scope sinks flatline for a short period (subsecond).  Has anyone else seen this?

I've changed my flowgraph to leave the USRP Source alone and shift the frequency using a signal generator and multiply block.  I'm concerned about doing this for TX.  My concern is reduced performance because I'm not transmitting at the center frequency for the USRP Sink.  Is my concern unfounded?  Does anyone know if the same discontinuity for USRP Source is present for USRP Sink?

Thanks in advance,
-Tom