[Discuss-gnuradio] Tune Requests

From: Sean Horton
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tune Requests
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 09:37:15 -0800

I have my flowgraph set up so that parameters such as rx and tx frequencies can be changed while running, and it's being sent two frequencies to listen to, freq1 and freq2, and the idea is that if there are two frequencies, to set the frequency to (freq1 + freq2) / 2, but the fft shows that one of the receive chains has the dc spike in it, which makes me think the center frequency is really freq1, but it's simply shifting the received signal. What type of request will force the center frequency to actually be at (freq1 + freq2) / 2? If it's a tune_request, how do you make one in cpp, I can't find any example of it being done. It's not a big deal, but if I can get rid of the dc spike, I'd certainly like to.

Regards,

--
Sean Horton