[Discuss-gnuradio] Python Unit Test with message ports - "Could not find

From: Steven Knudsen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python Unit Test with message ports - "Could not find port"
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 17:35:45 -0700

Hi all,

I am trying to write a unit test for a message-only block, let’s call it “foo”, that has an input message port “generate". When I use the block in GRC, everything is fine. I can connect its message ports to standard GNU Radio message blocks, like message_strobe and message_debug with no problems.

However, when I try and do the same in a Python unit test, I get the message

Could not find port: generate in:
generate
system

If, for example, in the same unit test I connect the message_strobe with message_debug, all is well.

If I then connect message_strobe to foo, I get the error above.

I double checked that the message port declarations are the same as you find in a block like message_strobe.

I double checked the syntax of msg_connect, making sure it looks exactly the same as it does in the GRC generated Python file.

Anyone seen this recently? I have found some references by searching online, but nothing that has helped.

Thanks very much!

steven

Steven Knudsen, Ph.D., P.Eng.

Du bist die Aufgabe. Kein Schüler weit und breit. - Franz Kafka