[Discuss-gnuradio] issue with boost::chrono::

From: Myers, David
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] issue with boost::chrono::
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 18:36:09 +0000

Hello,

I'm trying to use boost::chrono clocks in my OOT block. When I try to include the following line of code in this block all the blocks in the OOT module to stop working:

boost::chrono::system_clock::now();

To be clear my OOT module still compiles and installs without error, but with this line of code in a single block all my blocks fail to run. Anytime I try to run a block from my OOT module in GNURadio I get the following error:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'name_of_my_oot_block'

It's worth noting I am able to compile and run code using the same boost::chrono functions outside GNU Radio using a gcc compiler with no issue.

I'm using GNU Radio v3.7.10.1 and my block uses the following special include testaments:

#include <boost/chrono.hpp>
#include <boost/thread/locks.hpp>
#include <boost/thread/thread.hpp>

Any guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated! With thanks,

David Myers

Georgia Tech Research Institute