[Discuss-gnuradio] parameters for poly-phase clock sync

From: Charles Brain
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] parameters for poly-phase clock sync
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 14:49:51 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to use the the poly-phase clock sync.
At high S/N levels it works very well but at low S/N  (<20dB S/N)
it's performance is very bad. Which probably means I have made a
mistake somewhere.

The parameters I am passing to the module to generate the mother filter are
firdes.root_raised_cosine(10,samp_rate*n_filters,symbol_rate,0.35,31*n_filters)

where
samp_rate = 2000000
n_filters = 32 (number of filters in the filterbank)
symbol_rate = 1000000
0.35 is the filter's Beta
31 is the length of each filter in the filterbank

I have read the book the filter is derived from so I know what it is trying to do
but obviously I have messed up somewhere.

Thanks

- Charles