Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing GR via pybombs on fresh load

From: scott s
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing GR via pybombs on fresh load
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 21:53:07 -0600

I too ran into the same problem with SWIG on an Ubuntu 14.04.05 64bit install. For whatever reason, GNU Radio doesn't like the installed version of SWIG from the Ubuntu repositories (swig3.0_3.0.2-1ubuntu1~ubuntu14.04.1_amd64.deb). I was unable to determine why.

These are the steps I used, and attached a verbose log to the list. This was a bare install with no upgrades, and the latest version of PyBOMBS.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git build-essential python-pip
sudo pip install git+https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs.git

pybombs recipes add gr-recipes git+https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-recipes.git pybombs recipes add gr-etcetera git+https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-etcetera.git
pybombs -vv prefix init ~/target -a sdr -R gnuradio-stable

Hope this helps.
-Scott