Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How do I actually activate ControlPort?

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How do I actually activate ControlPort?
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 07:40:37 -0700

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 6:20 AM, Jawad Seddar <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Kevin,

I don't know about using the config line in .gnuradio/config.conf as mine looks something like this:

[ControlPort]
on = True
edges_list = True
[PerfCounters]
on = True
export = True

I tried that configuration too.

When I use gr-ctrlport-monitor or gr-perf-monitorx I always specify a host IP address and a port like this:
gr-ctrlport-monitor 127.0.0.1 9090

My guess is you are missing the host IP address part as highlighted by the error message you get (see the None:9090 in there?)
Maybe try something like: gr-ctrlport-monitor 127.0.0.1

That changes the error message but not the outcome; it seems to default to localhost. In any case, the problem is not getting the client to connect but getting the server to be listening at all.

…but today it is working! I have no idea what the difference is and I don't remember changing anything between now and then. Aargh.