Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Referencing USRP sink object

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Referencing USRP sink object
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:11:16 +0200

Hi Emanuel,

you can technically do that, pass a python object (if you write your block in python) or a smart_ptr<uhd::usrp_sink> as a parameter to a method or the constructor of your block (in C++).

However, that feels like it'd be wildly ugly in terms of "who owns what"; it might be the best way, still. If you can, however, I'd recommend doing something like encapsulating the USRP sink in your own hier block, so that you have control of it :) but that really depends on whether you're the one who can lay out your application.

I wish GNU Radio had a proper in-application RPC mechanism right now. We want that, we've just not found the "golden way" to implement it.

Best regards,

Marcus