Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The PLL for the burst signal

From: Vitt Benv
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The PLL for the burst signal
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 18:27:15 +0200

​i Vicfield!
another info for you: are you palying with a "real" EPIRB signal or with a "test" signal?

In the first case.... be sure that the signal cannot reach the open space: the signal "trigs" an expensive and complicated stuff, actulally it's starts a S&R process with a lot of people involved...
In the second case, if I recall right, the signal it's sent at full power but "reversed". I dont recall if bit-order reversed or bit-complemented, sorry!
In this manner it's possible to do tests ( and this is part of my job ;-)  ) on EPIRB. For this I had a Futronic GMDSS testset.
Hope that this ca help you...

Ciao,

Victor