[Discuss-gnuradio] Integration of ofdm_txrx and uhd

From: Amarja Vaidya
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Integration of ofdm_txrx and uhd
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:09:21 +0200

Hello,

I am having some communication reliability problems with 'benchmark_tx/rx.py' files. I came to know that these files are outdated and one should use 'ofdm_txrx.py' instead. As 'ofdm_txrx.py' uses sync words unlike benchmark files (or modules connected to 'benchmark_tx/rx.py'), I hope it will work better. But I could not find on the internet how to use 'ofdm_txrx.py'. However, I found 'qa_ofdm_txrx.py', that demonstrates the its use.
Since I am using USRPs, I want to connect 'ofdm_txrx' to 'uhd' and therefore I modified 'qa_ofdm_txrx.py'. I replaced vector sink in the class 'ofdm_tx_fg' with 'uhd_transmitter' from und_interface.py, which internally creates uhd sink. Now when I execute 'test_001_tx', I do not see any data being transmitted on uhd_fft.

How can I get this to work? Am I missing anything?

Some details: I am using USRP N310 at 2.45GHz and 1MHz bandwidth(I get overruns if I use higher bandwidth).

Thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards,
Amarja Vaidya.