Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_ieee-80211 receiver

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_ieee-80211 receiver
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 10:26:52 +0100

> On 9. May 2017, at 08:26, LiLi <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> If we want to capture frames from a route, we should change the codes.
> The codes on github can capture frames  which generate by the wifi_tx codes
> bacause the value of FCS is constant. After we change the value OF FCS to be
> an adaptive one, the frames from a route can be captured.

FCS stands for frame check sequence. If the FCS doesn’t match the constant in
the code, the frame is corrupt. It’s true that if you disable the FCS check
that you “receive” more frames.  You will also see the corrupt ones.

(If you wonder why the FCS compares against a constant, you should have a look
at the standard.)

Best,
Bastian