Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help with building a VHF-UHF SDR application on D

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help with building a VHF-UHF SDR application on Debian Jessie (using Gnuradio 3.7.10)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 16:35:34 -0700

On 06/19/2017 02:39 PM, Adrian Musceac wrote:
> Hi Cinaed,
> Thanks for your prompt response and the qt4 clarification. I will settle for
> qt4 now as building gnuradio against qt5 would be too much effort.

If you want to port gnuradio to qt5, you would need to checkout the
entire source tree from github.

State clearly what it is you're trying to do.

And once again, gnuradio-qtgui is *NOT* an application. It's a library
which gets installed when install the gnuradio binaries. gnuradio
already has qt4 built into it.

Type

  find / -name libgnuradio-qtgui

> But the header issue still stands, it looks like the include path is wrong,
> at least on Debian.

What header issue? Why would there be header issue? You installed
gnuradio binaries - you didn't install the gnuradio source.

>I don't know if this is just a Debian package issue or whether it belongs here.

It's most likely operator error. There a lot of reaons why you would
have trouble - the most unlikly would be a problem with Debian packages.

-- Cinaed