[Discuss-gnuradio] query about fm example file in github tutorials repos

From: Jacqueline . Walker
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] query about fm example file in github tutorials repository
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 14:39:00 +0000

Hi,

I downloaded the file fm101.8MHz_1Msps.cfile (from gr-tutorials/examples/tutorial6/ ) to use for trying out demodulation flowgraphs in gnuradio. It was recommended here: https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Guided_Tutorial_Hardware_Considerations

But I can’t find any details about the file – it says on the tutorial page – ‘an actual recording from a radio (USRP I presume) with nothing done to the data, so I presume it is just a binary stream such as one would receive from a USRP and that the centre frequency is 101.8MHz. What is the sample rate output by the USRP that recorded the file – is it 250k as given on the tutorial page? What is the signal bandwidth expected? I ask this because I don’t see that much on the FFT?

Thanks

Jacqueline