Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues transmitting and receiving simultaneously

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues transmitting and receiving simultaneously on B210
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 21:38:12 -0400

On 07/20/2017 02:23 AM, Jose Ruvalcaba wrote:
Hello,

I'm currently having issues simultaneously transmitting and receiving data from one B210 to another B210. My goal is to send Tx data from one B210 and have it be received and re transmitted from a second B210 back to the first. I am trying to use both channels (RF A and RF B) to simultaneously transmit and receive on both radios. To do this I have set the "Mb0 Subdev Spec" to "A:A A:B" on both the USRP source and sink blocks, as I have shown in the flowgraphs attached. My radio can successfully transmit data from one B210 and have it be received in the second B210. However, my issue arises when my second B210 tries to re transmit the received data back to the original B210 (This is shown if usrp_2_channel.png flowgraph).

My question is, in order to accomplish successful Tx to Rx loopback on both radios, do I need to label the Subdev spec section as A:A A:B? Have I labeled the Subdev correctly for a B210 or do I need to change it? Is it possible for a USRP to transmit and receive simultaneously on both RFA and RFB channels of a B210? If so, can I do this while using different frequencies on each channel?  Just for completeness I have both radios connected to each other using coaxial cables with a 38dB attenuation between each path.

Thanks,
Jose