Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency sweep using GNU radio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency sweep using GNU radio
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 18:28:16 -0700

Hi Abhilash,

It's rather unusual to sweep in such little steps, considering your SDRs can deliver much higher bandwidth with no performance degradation (assuming you don't use a USRP with an adjustable analog bandwidth).

There's multiple approaches to sending bursts with USRPs at different frequencies, and the semantics are different for other SDR devices such as the BladeRF; hence, a general answer can't be given, I think.

It would be nice to specify fully which USRP you're planning to use, what the purpose of this scanning is, how fast you need to scan, how long you need to linger on one frequency.

Generally, give as much background as sensible when explaining a problem!

Best regards,

Marcus