Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] stop/start is not called in gr.basic_block

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] stop/start is not called in gr.basic_block
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 08:29:44 +0100

Hi,

On 10/05/2017 03:13 AM, Miklos Maroti wrote:
I am trying to implement a simple block in python but it seems that
stop and start is never called when I implement them. The bare bones
python code would be this:

class test(gr.basic_class):
     def __init__(self):
         gr.basic_block.__init__(self, name="test", in_sig=None, out_sig=None)

     def start(self):
         print "never called"
         return gr.basic_block.start(self)

The same works in C++. I could not find any example that implements
start/stp in python, but looking at the docs for gr.basic_block it
should work. Any ideas?

AFAIK, if the block is not connected to any other block, it is not handled by the flow graph/scheduler. If you don't actually have a use-case for a completely separate block, you could try adding a stream or message port an connect it.

Best,
Bastian