Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting signal from a LEO Satellite? ( Doppler sh

From: mehtap özkan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting signal from a LEO Satellite? ( Doppler shift handling)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 15:02:20 +0300

Thank you.
Should we adjust the Loop Bandwidth to track the signal correctly?

costas will do the job as long as your measurement bandwidth includes
twice the expected frequency offset, see http://jmfriedt.free.fr/efts_gps.pdf
slide 13.

JM

I am planning to track a signal from a LEO Satellite which transmits
approx. 100 kbps BPSK.
I wonder which blocks should I use since the carrier offset ranges are:
around -50 kHz (beginning of the pass)
around +50 kHz (at the endof the pass)

Possible blocks are:

PLL Carrier Tracking
Costas Loop (using the frequency output port to get the carrier freq. error)

Any other suggestions- Examples?

Please don't offer manually shifting the frequency.(Using Gpredict)

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency/SENSeOR, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe, 25000 Besancon, France