Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio sink/source issues and some other questions

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio sink/source issues and some other questions
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 10:54:55 -0500

On 11/05/2017 10:35 AM, Adrian Musceac wrote:

Another problem I have is that I'd like to do a mixed mode repeater
(from digital to analog and viceversa). My radio (USRP B200) is full
duplex so I should be able to do that. However, I can't figure out how
to do that in a single flowgraph (TX and RX). If I set the source
parameters to use the TX/RX antenna, any time I switch from RX to TX,
the sink moves automatically to port RX2 which means I'm receiving my
own transmission. I'd like to be able to disable the automatic switch
of antenna without stopping the RX flowgraph. Is that possible?

Appreciate any help.

Adrian

You will always receive your own transmissions. You really *DO NOT* want to disable antenna switching, since this is what protects the RX chain from being connected to the same port you're transmitting from, and incurring damage.

The TX-to-RX isolation isn't that "deep", so you'll nearly always receive your own transmissions, and you have to structure your signal flows to deal with that.