Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Global socket in the flowgraph

From: Carlos Alberto Ruiz Naranjo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Global socket in the flowgraph
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:13:39 +0100

Hi Marcus,

I apologize if I have not explained myself well.

I want to use a global object (an open socket) inside blocks. Similar to using a global variable with the 'Python Module' block.

The problem is that I do not know how to access to an object/variable created in 'Python Module' inside another module.

Thank you.

Hi Carlos,
I'm a little bit confused; this sounds a lot more like you want to design a client/server protocol with logical "subchannels" or something than a GNU Radio question.

If you asked me, sounds like you wouldn't go for a single socket, but three ZeroMQ sockets of the right usage paradigm (might be pub/sub, req/rep, or any of the roundrobin ones).

In any case, your block has no provisions for talking to a socket, so not quite sure what you're asking me – "write a program that talks to sockets" isn't really a great question for the GNU Radio mailing list ;)

Best regards,
Marcus