Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on number of input items per work call

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on number of input items per work call
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 13:08:38 -0500

You're welcome, Anil; glad that was useful.

You can go either way with a block like the one you describe: general or sync. The block is sync when the correct parameters are set ("set_output_multiple(512);") or the like; and, really, the scheduler will handle the I/O correctly if you choose this block inheritance. If you choose to not use the GR features that provide the scheduler with hints of what to do, then going with a general block will give you more flexibility. There are internal (to the scheduler) trade-offs for either way, but both are workable options.

Cheers! - MLD