Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] X310 with 2 WBX in full duplex

From: Michael Carosino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] X310 with 2 WBX in full duplex
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 21:31:52 -0800

Hi,

looks like gnuradio is freezing due to the massive amount of underflows ocurring. First try replacing the constant source with two separate analog fast noise sources connected to the dma fifo - this might help if indeed the problem is that the PC is being too slow to generate samples. Secondly, revert the dma fifo depths to the default 32M and see if it has any effect but I suspect the first option should fix your issues. Also it's definitely helpful to test each single tx chain on its own to make sure it works as expected before trying both together!

Assuming you are using an x310, the sampling rate on the radio block should be set to 200 megasamples/per sec, similarly the DUC output rate should also be 200 megasamples/per sec. On the receive side, the radio block's sampling rate should again be set to 200megasamp/sec with the DDC input rate being set to the same as well. Also the analog bandwidth in the context of the tx side just adjusts some filters I believe - so I'd leave it at the default of 56Mhz. On the rx side I'd also leave it at the default of 56Mhz unless you have some interferer in that range that you'd want to avoid.