[Discuss-gnuradio] Deprecated warning in OFDM benchmark_tx.py and benchm

From: Kurniawan Irianto
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Deprecated warning in OFDM benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py examples
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 13:48:24 +0200

Hi,

I was trying sending packets from transmitter to receiver using ofdm examples (benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py) and I came across warning like these.

in benchmark_tx.py:

The gr::digital::ofdm_mapper_bcv block has been deprecated
The gr::digital::ofdm_insert_preamble block has been deprecated

and in benchmark_rx.py:

The gr::digital::ofdm_sampler block has been deprecated
The gr::digital::ofdm_frame_acquisition block has been deprecated
The gr::digital::ofdm_frame_sync block has been deprecated

I noticed there were a lot of packet losses when I saw the pktno number. My questions are should I worry about this warning and try to use another blocks? Does the deprecated blocks effect the number of packet losses in that examples?

I also realized those codes were very old examples and I am wondering if there is an up to date example regarding the ofdm implementation in gnuradio.

Any comments and suggestions would be nice and helpful.

Thank you,

Kurniawan