[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio, peak values, export into a file

From: ALEJANDRO RAMIRO MUNOZ
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio, peak values, export into a file
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 01:42:29 +0200

Hey all!

I started working with GNU Radio and HackRF One SDR for an university project but I'm completely complete new and I'm still a little bit lost.

I'm using the HackRF One as a spectrum analyzer, specifically at 120.457 KHz. That signal source comes from an Avalanche Transceiver upconverted into HF and it's a powerful periodic signal peak at this frequency.

With GNU Radio I'm just trying to capture and later export into a file the peak power values of this signal. So I want to set a threshold, capture the peak values of this signal continuously until I stop the programme and store them in a file.

I've tried to follow some similar tutorials but I'm not able to get a proper solution.

If someone could help me, I'll be so grateful! Thank you in advance!

--
Alejandro Ramiro Muñoz
NIA: 100314975

Grado en Ingeniería de Sistemas de Comunicaciones
(Bachelor's Degree in Communication System Engineering)

Universidad Carlos III de Madrid