[Discuss-gnuradio] signal cancellation example using GRC and USRP B210

From: Inkyu Bang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] signal cancellation example using GRC and USRP B210
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 20:44:56 +0800

Hi, all !!

I am trying to make a simple example of signal cancellation using GRC.
However, I did not get any good results.

Here is my setting

Plan: sending two sine wave with different phases and receiving canceled signal (only noise)
Center frequency: 5.89GHz (I am using the antenna supporting this center frequency)
Sampling rate: 5MHz
Frequency of sine wave: 1kHz

USRP: B210
Tx GRC flow graph: signal source block + USRP sink (two channels)
Rx GRC flow graph: USRP sink + QT GUI time sink

When I send two sine signals, I used two RF chains in the same USRP.
I received those signals at the other USRP.

I expected to see canceled signals (i.e., only noise level power in time domain)
but still, I see sine wave signal.

I thought frequency offset in the receiving USRP is applied to both sine waves.

Do I need to consider frequency offset first?
Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you.
Regards,

Inkyu