Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue while adding streaming data : Integrating M

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue while adding streaming data : Integrating MRC in gr-ieee 80211
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:49:05 +0200

Hi,

> On 28. Apr 2018, at 17:02, Sumit Kumar <address@hidden> wrote:

> So basically I will be combining the correlation values from all antennas to
> find the start of WiFi frame. With this approach, I believe, there wont be
> any need of synchronization between branches. Let me know your view on this.

That depends at what stage you want to combine the signal. I’d do it at a later
stage, i.e., do frame detection and synchronization in each branch
independently and combine the subcarriers after equalization. With that
approach, you wouldn’t combine correlations values. In essence, you have to
make sure that all branches start the synchronization process if one branch
detects a frame.

Best,
Bastian