[Discuss-gnuradio] FFT Header SWIG Issues

From: Shalom Dubinsky
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT Header SWIG Issues
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 19:43:38 +0000

Hi,
I'm not very experienced with c++ or with swig, so perhaps I'm missing something here, but I've got a problem and I can't figure it out.

I'm trying to replicate the signal_detector block in gr-inspector, and I can't seem to include the fft header so that swig detects it.  I can't find the difference between my code and the gr-inspector code, either.

I can reliably reproduce this by:
1. creating a new module.
2. creating a new block, with python qa code
3. including the fft header `#include <gnuradio/fft/fft.h>`
4. instantiating an fft_complex object `fft::fft_complex *d_fft = new fft::fft_complex(1024, true);`
5. running `make && ctest -V`

The second test will fail, and the relevant part of the error message is "ImportError: /home/reader/code/drones/drone-hacker/gr-mwe/build/lib/libgnuradio-mwe-1.0.0git.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol: _ZN2gr3fft11fft_complexC1Eibi".

Declaring the object without instantiating it - `fft::fft_complex *d_fft;` will work.

Thanks,
Shalom