Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VCO

From: Jean-Michel FRIEDT
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VCO
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 07:45:14 +0200

I would like to ask about the VCO in GRC. What's the function of the sensitivity? If I connect a signal source (Saw Tooth) into VCO, and I want a bandwidth of 2MHz. I only can achieve it by setting the Sentivity = 2e6 *(2*3.1416) . Can anyone explain the theory behind this?

may the source be with you:
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-blocks/lib/vco_c_impl.cc

The VCO block generates a sincos output at a rate of sensitivity/sampling_rate,
so that the phase increments by 2pi (one cycle rotation) every
sampling_rate/sensitivity samples. This is also what is given in
http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~elec350/grc_doc/ar01s02s05.html stating that the
sensitivity is in rad/sec*V.

JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency/SENSeOR, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe, 25000 Besancon, France