Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Coding

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Coding
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 08:44:23 +0000

Hello Dewan!

On Mon, 2018-05-28 at 16:09 -0400, Dewan Arif wrote:
> 1. In FEC_extended_encoder, What is the Encoder Objective ??  How to put the
> value in Encoder Objective ??

Small typo: it's "encoder object", not "objective" :)
What you want there is to put the ID of a "Encoder Definition" (there's
 different choices if you search for "Encoder Definition" in the block
list.

GNU Radio comes with an example for all these! It's called
fecapi_encoders.grc and typically can be found in
/usr/[local/]share/gnuradio/examples/fec ; not quite sure where it gets
installed under OS X, but I think you'll be able to find that file on
your computer :)

> 2. I have attached the flowgraph, I'm not receiving the same amount of data.
> what block should I use to correct it ??

Don't use the "packet encoder" block *at all*. It is deprecated!!! It
simply doesn't work reliably, and drops data occasionally (this has
bitten myself).

You'll find a much nicer example in
/usr/[local/]share/gnuradio/examples/digital/packet/packet_loopback_hie
r.grc

Best regards,
Marcus