[Discuss-gnuradio] install issue with c++11

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] install issue with c++11
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 04:58:15 -0700

I am trying to install gnuradio onto a Centos 7 box and am having more and more issues with packages that use c++11 commands.  For some of the packages, I add the line:
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "-std=c++11"
to the module's CMakeLists.txt file.

The issue is that that requires a fetch, the mod, and then a rebuild.  This worked OK with it was just gqrx I was doing it for, but now I need it for other modules it appears, and so I am trying to find a more elegant solution that covers everything that is built via a pybombs install gnuradio command (like gr-blocks, which I can't use this trick for).

If I understand the problem correctly, Ubuntu uses new enough tools to realize that it needs to use the c++11 version (or newer I assume) to build since it is needed.  It seems like even though Centos 7 has the c++11 capability, it does not smartly trying to use it, and must be directed to for the installs to work.

Is there something I can do at an upper level to make things happy on an install?