[Discuss-gnuradio] Need help with CtrlPort Performance Monitor

From: Jim Larsen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help with CtrlPort Performance Monitor
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:49:23 -0700

I want to use the CtrlPort Performance Monitor block to compare CPU usage of several demodulator alternatives. I built GNU Radio version 3.7.12 using PyBOMBS on Ubuntu 18.04. I added -DENABLE_PERFORMANCE_COUNTERS=ON to the gnuradio.lwr recipe. I installed  networkx, matplotlib, and python-pygraphviz. I edited gnuradio-runtime.conf as follows:

[ControlPort] on = True
[ControlPort] edges_list = True
[PerfCounters] on = True
[PerfCounters] export = True

I ran a simple flowgraph Signal Source > Throttle > Null Sink with the CtrlPort Performance Monitor block. The Performance Monitor window opens, but the graph is empty. Please let me know how to make CtrlPort Performance Monitor work.

Thanks!

Jim